Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Plaza West Covina, including its buildings, roadways and parking areas, is private property. We have set forth the following Rules of Conduct to protect the Mall’s legitimate business interests and provide you with the best shopping experience possible. By refraining from the activities listed below, together we can achieve a safe and successful environment.
- The use of obscene language, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs is prohibited.
- Behavior that is disorderly, disruptive or that endangers others is prohibited.
- Defacing, damaging or destroying any property is prohibited.
- Littering is prohibited.
- Running, skating, skateboarding, hoverboards, bicycling and all other forms of “horse play”, loitering, obstructing or interfering with the free flow of customer traffic are prohibited.
- Fighting, harassment, shouting, offending others, sexually explicit language, or provoking confrontations is prohibited.
- Use of any property in an improper or unsafe manner is prohibited.
- All patrons must be fully clothed and cannot wear indecent, inappropriate or gang-related attire. Clothing must adequately cover the body. Visible undergarments are not permitted. Sagging pants in a manner that exposes undergarments is prohibited.
- No clothing that obscures the face is allowed unless worn for cultural, religious, or medical conditions.
- Loud behavior, the playing of musical instruments or audio devices, loitering, and the blocking of store entrances, walkways, fire exits, and escalators/elevators are prohibited.
- No possession of any item that could be used as a weapon, including but not limited to firearms, explosives, fireworks, clubs or sticks over ¼" in diameter (except umbrellas, canes and other medical type devices), knives with blades over 2" in length, or any other object(s) that may be used in any way to inflict bodily injury on another person, even if legally owned, except by California law.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the Mall and within 25 feet of Mall entrances.
- The illegal possession, use, and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances is prohibited. The legal consumption of alcoholic beverages may only occur in designated areas.
- All guests are required to leave the interior common areas once the Mall closes for business each evening.
- Groups of six or more may be dispersed.
- Picketing, leafleting, soliciting and/or petitioning require the prior written consent of Mall Management.
- Only service animals trained and/or licensed to assist and accompanied by persons with disabilities are permitted.
- Photographing, videotaping and/or filming requires the prior written consent of Mall Management.
- Sitting on floors, planters, handrails, artwork, escalators, stairs, trash receptacles, or other areas not specifically designed for seating is prohibited. Benches, chairs, and seating areas are for sitting only.
- School truancy policies are strictly enforced.
- No unauthorized overnight parking or camping is permitted.
- Any unattended bags are subject to search and possible seizure.
- Any person who fails to comply with the request of Mall Management or Security may be asked to leave the Mall.
Your entry to Plaza West Covina constitutes your consent to abide by the above rules governing conduct. A violation of these rules may result in expulsion from the property and/or other legal action as Mall Management deems appropriate.
If you have questions regarding the Mall’s Rules of Conduct, please contact Mall Management Office. Mall Management reserves the right to amend the Rules of Conduct at any time. Thank you for both your anticipated cooperation and for shopping at Plaza West Covina.